This recipe is calculated for about 10 pita breads. I wish you fun while doing the recipe and bon appetit when eating those yummy pitas! 😀
- 480 g spelt flour
- 1 cube (42 g) of fresh yeast + 1 teaspoon of sugar + splash of warm water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 dl oat milk
- Mix all dry ingredients (flour, salt, sugar).
- Dissolve the yeast with 1 teaspoon of sugar and a splash of warm water.
- Pour the dissolved yeast in the middle of your flour mixture and add the olive oil. Now mix the ingredients together.
- Finally add the oat milk and knead the mixture until you have a smooth dough. Your dough is perfect when there appear small air bubbles.
- Let it rise for about 45 minutes.
- Now divide the dough in same sized pieces and shape them pita like.
- Heat up a pan with a bit of coconut oil and fry the pitas at middle heat until bubbles appear at the surface. When one side is done, turn it around and fry the other side.
- Enjoy your pitas with different sauces, veggies, tofu, fried onions, whatever you are craving.