breakfast: blueberry porridge
For breakfast we want something that gives us enough energy to start into the day. So let’s make a blueberry porridge. All you need are the following ingredients:
gluten free oatmeal
optional: date caramel and almond butter
- Put oatmeal and water into a pan and cook it up. After a while add the frozen blueberries.
- Let it cook 5 minutes.
- Put the porridge into a bowl and top it with some fresh blueberries and crushed almonds. You could now also top it with some date caramel* and/or some almond butter.
- * Date Caramel (Mix dates, plant milk and a pinch of salt in a high speed blender)
lunch: sweet potato salad bowl
This delicious yet simple salad is made of those ingredients:
lettuce of your choice (I chose Iceberg lettuce)
avocado / guacamole (tomato, pickles, salt, lemon juice, chili flakes/powder)
hummus (tahini, parsley, salt, pepper, apple vinegar, chickpeas)
red olive paste (olives only)
- First of all heat up the oven and put your sweet potato in it, cause it will have to stay in there for about 1 hour to get nice and soft. Heat of the oven: 200 ° C / 392 ° F While the sweet potato is in the oven you can prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Let’s start with the olive paste: simply blend the wished amount of olives until it becomes a creamy consistency.
- For the hummus: Mix 250 g of chickpeas with 2 tablespoons of tahini, a handful of parsley, salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon of apple vinegar
- For the guacamole: Mix half an avocado with some tomato, 2 pickles, salt and some lemon juice and some chili flakes or powder.
- Now cut the remaining ingredients to mouth sized pieces and place everything in a big bowl or container.
- By now the sweet potato should be finished. I didn’t make a salad sauce, as I’m satisfied with the 3 creamy sauces, but that’s up to your taste.
dinner: roasted veggies
veggies: zucchini, pepper, garden leeks
tomatoes with pine nuts fried in a pan with some salt
This dinner is quite simple: just cut some potatoes, marinate them in coconut oil, garlic and salt and put them into the oven. Also cut some veggies of your choice (here I have: zucchini, pepper, garden leeks and put them into the oven aswell. While the veggies are in the oven: fry some tomatoes with pine nuts in a pan.
You can eat your veggies with some hummus (leftover from lunch or make a new one, because there is no such thing as too much hummus) or the sauce of your choice. A plain salad with an Italian salad sauce makes a nice side dish.
Snacks throughout the day
Fruits fruits fruits!
I had some papaya and passion fruits! Sometimes if I had a big lunch a plate like that is enough for dinner. Try it out. 😀
Enjoy your full day of vegan treats!