I never make bread with exact quantities of the ingredients, but I simply follow my basic recipe and adapt it: if the dough needs more moisture, then more water or oil is added, etc.
- spelt flour (ca. 500-800 g)
- 1 fresh yeast cube
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable broth
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- Pour all the flour into a big bowl.
- Also add the vegetable broth.
- Now dissolve the yeast cube with a bit of warm (not hot!) water and add the sugar. Pour it in the bowl.
- Now mix it a bit and then add slowly luke warm water to it. Start with only a bit, knead look if it needs more water, add a bit more etc.
- Knead knead knead until it gets smooth.
- Let the dough rest for at least 45 min minutes. (the longer the fluffier the bread will be). I sometimes let it rest in the oven at 80 °C .
- Now knead it again. If you want to you can now add chopped up nuts, dried fruit, dried tomatoes and basil, banana (but if you add banana, don’t use vegetable broth, use regular salt. But in this case it would be less salt, more sugar. 1:2 ratio).. whatever you want to. You can either make buns (And then maybe freeze some of them to always have homemade bread at home) or you can make one big bread.
- Bake it at 200 ° C for about 25-40 (buns) or 45-55 (bread) minutes.