Welcome to my favorite meal!
Sushi can be filled with anything. My personal favorites are:
- vegan mayo
- fried tofu
- bell pepper
- Teriyaki- sauce
Sushi – Rice iNstruction
- Rinse it with water several times.
- Put twice as much water than rice into a large pan.
- Bring it to a boil. Put a lid on the pan!
- Reduce the heat – the rice should now simmer on low temperature for 10-12 minutes. SET A TIMER!
- Keep the pan on the stove, but turn off the heat and DO NOT open the lid for another 20 – 25 minutes!! As longer as the rice can steam the better it gets!
Teriyaki – Sauce InGredients
- soy sauce
- agave syrup
- olive oil
- Mix the soy sauce and the agave syrup. Mixing ratio: 1:1
- Add olive oil to the mixture. Mixing ratio: 2:1 ( soy-agave mixture: olive oil)
- Add also 1 clove of minced garlic and add a bit of fresh grated ginger.
All you have to do now is to spread the rice equally onto a nori sheet, put your ingredients on to it – and roll it. Store the finished Sushi rolls in the fridge, take them out one by one after you have finished to roll and cut them into pieces with a sharp knife.
Tip: hold your hands in water before rolling the sushi roll to prevent all the rice from sticking to your hands.