I just had this salad for lunch and it is sooooooo delicious! It definitely became one of my favorite salads! This recipe is calculated for 4 persons or 2 very very hungry ones. 😛
- 1 handful of coriander
- 1 handful of parsley
- 1 ripe mango
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 red pepper
- half a cucumber
- 3- 4 shredded carrots
- 10 – 15 kalamata olives
- 1 can of black beans*
- 1 can of corn*
- 250 spelt pasta (I used shell pasta)
- olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 can of chickpeas* (+ apple vinegar, garlic, salt)
*Buy them in a glass instead of a can (if possible) due to heavy metals that can harm your body.
- Cook the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking: chop the cucumber, pepper, the olives, mango and avocados and put it with the corn, beans and carrots in a large bowl.
- Add parsley, coriander and a handful of the chickpeas.
- Pour the juice of 1 lemon over the salad.
- Make a hummus with the remaining chickpeas: Blend the chickpeas with 2 teaspoons of apple vinegar, a bit salt and 2 garlic cloves.
- When the pasta is done rinse it and add a bit of olive oil and salt to it. When it has completely cooled down: add it to the salad bowl.
- Now top your salad with humus, chili and maybe some salt and it’s lunch /dinner (breakfast?) time! 🙂