- 100 g vegan margarine
- 170 g raw cane sugar
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- 0.5 dl vanilla flavored soy milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 250 g spelt flour
- 1/2 tbs baking powder
what to do
- Put the margarine into a bowl and stir until soft.
- Add the raw cane sugar + agave syrup + vanilla soy milk + salt + vanilla sugar and mix everything.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into bowl and knead everything into a dough.
- Form the dough into thick lines ( Ø 4-5 cm), wrap them into clingfilm and let them chill for 15 – 20 minutes in the freezer.
- Cut the dough into small equal slices.
- Bake them for 6 – 8 minutes at 220° C / 428° F.
Advice: After 6 – 8 minutes of baking the cookies don’t seem to be ready yet, as the dough is still very soft. But they get hard after cooling down. So don’t bake them for any time longer.
Depending on your preferences you can remove the cookies from the oven after 4 minutes (soft), 6 minutes (a bit of both) or 8 minutes (rather hard than soft). You could also make the doubled amount of the recipe, so that you can bake one baking sheet rather short and the other one rather long.