- 75 g margarine
- 200 g raw cane sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp egg replacement powder
- lemon peel
- 200 ml soy cream
- 230 g spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- plant milk
- juice of 2 lemons
- 150 g powdered sugar
What to do
- Preheat the oven at 180° C / 356° F.
- Stir the margarine until soft.
- Add the sugar + salt + egg replacement powder + lemon peel.
- Sift the flour + baking powder into a bowl + add soy creme. Mix everything until it becomes a homogenous batter.
- If needed add some more plant milk.
- Bake the cake for 50 minutes.
- Mix the lemon juice and powdered sugar.
- After 45 minutes of baking: stab into the cake with a sharp knife and pour half of the glaze over it.
- When the cake is out of the oven: pour over the remaining glaze.
The cake is now R E A L L Y moist and should at least rest 3 hours. Ideally you bake the cake 1 day before you plan to eat it, so it can rest over night. If you want to eat the cake immediately: use less glaze and it won’t need to rest for so long. But the real juicy lemon cake is only possible with lots an lots of glaze!