- 500 g spelt flour
- 1 cube of fresh yeast
- 1 tbs salt
- 4 tbs raw cane sugar
- 3 dl lukewarm plant milk
- 80 g coconut oil
- plant milk or soy/coconut cuisine
what to do
- Add the flour into a big bowl and shape it like a crater.
- Dissolve the yeast in lukewarm water and pour it into the crater.
- Add the salt + sugar + plant milk + oil and knead the dough until smooth.
- Let the dough rest for about 40 minutes at a warm place without any draft!
- Preheat the oven to 180° C / 356° F.
- Shape the dough into a big braid, let it raise for another few minutes and than brush the braid with plant milk / soy creme.
- Bake the bread. It takes about 30 – 45 minutes depending on the size of the bread. If you want to check if it’s done yet: knock on the flat backside of the braid bread, if it’s hollow sounding it’s ready to be removed from the oven.