- 200 g spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 80 g coconut oil
- 1 cube of fresh yeast
- 6 – 10 tbsp vegan milk (e.g., spelled, oats, soy milk)
- 200 ml soy creme (“soycuisine”)
- 1 tbsp egg replacement powder
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp raw cane sugar
- 30 g vanilla sugar
- 400 – 500 g apples
- 3 tbsp grated almonds
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
what to do
First Step: Dough
- Sift the flour into a bowl.
- Add the salt and mix with the flour.
- Divide the coconut oil into “flakes” and knead it into the flour.
- Dissolve the yeast in 1-2 tbsp of lukewarm plant milk and pour it into the bowl.
- Add 3-4 tbsp of plant milk to the mass.
- Knead the whole mixture until it becomes a soft, still slightly moist dough.
- Add more plant milk if needed – until the right consistency is reached.
- Cover the bowl with a moist kitchen towel and let it rest for about 30 minutes.
next step: topping
- Wash the apples and cut them into thin slices.
- Mix the grated almonds with the sugar and cinnamon and set it aside.
step 3 : dough
- Roll the dough onto the baking paper evenly about 3 mm thick and place it in the cake tin (28 cm).
- Carefully press the dough into the mold and form a nice edge.
- Prick the bottom of the dough with a fork.
- Put the dough in the fridge to rest. Meanwhile heat the oven to 220°C / 428° F.
Step Nr. 4: Oven
- Just before you put the tart in the oven, place the apples evenly.
- Bake it for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix together the ingredients of the filling and stir until creamy.
- After 10 – 15 minutes of baking, pour the filling over the apples and bake it for another 15 – 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the almond topping over the apples in the last 5 minutes.
Remove it from the oven and let it cool down a bit.
Ready to enjoy!
The cake can now be served. Delicious with: warm vanilla sauce and or vanilla ice cream! You could also make it with other fresh fruits such as: apricots, plums, blueberries, currants, cherries and rhubarb. Of course, the fruits can also be combined. Try out what you like best.